Practice the Past Simple tense with the activities below.
- Which verbs are regular and which are irregular?
- lie (= to be in a horizontal position on a surface)
Click the link here and sort out the verbs.
2. Click the link here and write in the Past Simple form of the irregular verbs.
Remember that the Past Simple form of the verb to be is was for I, he, she and it, and were for you, we and they.
3. Play the video below and complete the text with the words you hear. You need one word for each gap. Click the link here to access the gapped text.
Additional practice. Vocabulary
4. What did the very hungry caterpillar eat? Click the link here and match the word to the pictures.
Additional practice. Writing
5. In the comments below, write your answers to the questions. We will reply with feedback.
- Why was the caterpillar so hungry, in your opinion?
- What happened to the caterpillar in the end?
- What helped the caterpillar feel better?
- Which of the foods from exercise 4 did you eat yesterday / last week?
Did you like this post? Subscribe to our blog for more posts like this and we’ll help you improve your English.