|He, she, it||They|
- A boy, a man → he
- A girl, a woman → she
- A thing, an animal → it
- Groups of people, animals, things → they
- Ann and Ben are British. They are British.
- Tom is American. He is American.
- Jane is Canadian. She is Canadian.
- The tiger is Indian. It is Indian.
- Tom and I are Irish. We are Irish.
- You and Alice are Australian. You are Australian.
- The guitar is Spanish. It is Spanish.
- The shoes are Italian. They are Italian.
- My parents are English. They are English.
Related: “Countries and Nationalities”
|Subject pronouns||Object pronouns|
- I am your friend. Talk to me.
- You are my husband. I love you.
- He is my friend. I tell him everything.
- She is my mother. I always help her.
- It is my room. I like it.
- We are classmates. You often see us together.
- You are my friends and I trust you.
- They are students. You often see them in the library.
|*Personal pronouns||Possessive Adjectives|
*Personal pronouns = I, you, he… (subject pronouns) + me, you, him (object pronouns)
– His trainers are white.
– Her shirt is blue.
– Their car is red.
– His hair is dark.
– Their house is white.
– Their dogs are brown.
– Her hair is long.
– Her shoes are green.
Read more about possessive adjectives here.
READING & LISTENING
Annie is my friend. She is a yoga teacher. She is not very rich but she is happy. Her lifestyle is very active because she is so energetic!
Frankie is my brother and he is a biker. His bike is not new, but it is good anyway. Frankie is quite short. He is also handsome and intelligent. I don’t see him every day, but when we meet, we always have a good time.
Mary is my sister. She‘s a sales rep. She is very good at her job. I think she really likes it. But her job is not for me because I like something more creative.
Adam and Susan are a couple. They are always together. Many people envy them, but I am just happy for them.
Do you ned help with the grammar? Become our student and practice with a professional teacher!